Sunday 10 February 2013

Question 4) How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages.

All the work I produced for my research, planning and production and evaluation work was produced on, published using or linked to my iMac, whether it was hardware, software or internet based.

                                                     

The starting point for my research was the internet. I used search engines like Google to research, plan making and evaluating my three products, not only to research similar bands and solo artists, but also to research the products that I would make and also to find a digipak template to find various bits of free software.

                           

I researched bands that linked to my genre that I had chosen. Through Google I searched videos to analyse through YouTube, but I also searched for information about the artists (through their own websites, Wikipedia, Play.com etc) the genre, the record companies, information about the trakcs, sales, target audience and so on.

Using mainly YouTube, I analysed videos by Avril Lavigne, P!nk, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Rihanna. These videos helped to influence the final outcome of my video.

                                            

I used Wix to make and build my website for my music artist. I used a fuji finepix digital camera to gather and take some images for my website. To transfer my images I used a cable to plug into the computer an transferred them to my iMac.
                                           
I also used photoshop to edit images for my website. I used different effects on Photoshop to make the images look interesting and eye catching. Although I primarily used Photoshop to make my digipak. I used the kaleidoscope effect on photoshop to make some of the effects on my digipak. Also within the making of my digipak, i used DaFontI used DaFont to find a revelant typeface for my digipak as there is a much wider choice on DaFont that there is already installed on the iMac that I used to do my media coursework. DaFont is an easy and free way to download typefaces. 

                                    

I used Final Cut Pro to make my Music Video, I edited the different shots and tried to make my music video look professional. I added different effects onto my video using final cut pro and also make my own effects using the kaleidoscopic effect.

            

I also used FaceTime, text messages, emails and calling people to communicate with people. I used FaceTime to communicate with Adam and other friends. I also used text messages to text people and ask if they had some free periods to help me out with filming my music video. I used email to communicate with Dan, my tutor to ask him if his room was free so that I could use my free periods to work on my digipak.
                                                       

I used a HD camera to film my music video. This was because I wanted my Music Video to be good quality.
                            
I also used a Green Screen as I wanted a Green Screen effect throughout my Music Video.

                     

Facebook and Twitter were also used to ask people for feedback and criticism on my three main products.

                         

I also used Google Docs to make power-points and also store some notes I had taken throughout the process.

                                   
I also used Blogger to store some information and to create my blog.


And finally, I also used an Audio Recorder to record my first Evaluation Question.

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment